In my “Inspired Links” feature, I provide links and brief descriptions of thought-provoking articles. I hope you enjoy these little treasures
- Victoria Mixon has been holding weekly chat sessions “#editingchat.” They may not be permanent, but she plans to hold a few more. The next one is scheduled for this Thursday (4/21) from noon to 1pm, PST (that’s 3pm to 4pm EST, I think). Here’s the transcript from the last one (start reading at the bottom).
- Back in March, I saw a series of tweets related to publishing from the SXSW (South by Southwest) Conference. At the time, I didn’t have time to read them closely, but fortunately, Jane Friedman, who moderated a panel at the conference “The Self-Publishing Novelist: Report from the Trenches” has shared a link to the audio for this very interesting session. The focus is on marketing and it contains some valuable perspectives.
- If you have a blog, you’ll want to check out this terrific post “50 Ways to Dodge the Blog Burnout Sucker Punch” from “Pushing Social.” This post is useful even if you’re not suffering from burnout because it has many useful ideas.
- Kristen Lamb recently had an interesting series of posts on her blog dealing with structure. I’m not sure why I discovered this series only recently. You’ll want to catch all of them and start at the beginning: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8.
- If your creativity needs a boost, then check out “A 12-Step Guide to Fostering Creativity” on Mashable. Because we all need reminders now and then.
- This guest post by Bob Mayer over on J.A. Konrath’s blog is a very interesting look at Bob’s journey into self-publishing.
- Are you still using the term “aspiring writer?” J.C. Hutchins would like to convince you to ditch the term in his post “On Being an ‘Aspiring Writer.’”
- Kristin Bair O’Keeffe has a new series on her blog “Writerhead Wednesdays.” I started reading with the first installment by Eugenia Kim and haven’t stopped since. You’ll want to get caught up on all of the posts.
If you’re wondering about my methodology for choosing links for inclusion in this post, rest assured there isn’t one. It’s just a collection of things that I found interesting and I thought you might too. Please let me know what you think!