In my “Inspired Links” feature, I provide links and brief descriptions of thought-provoking articles. I hope you enjoy these little treasures
- India Drummond began her publishing journey with a small press and ended up as an indie publisher. She wrote for the first time about her journey in this post: ”Ordinary Angels Revealed.”
- There are a couple of good posts on blog design that I want to share. Joel Friedlander posted “Why Your Blog’s About Page Matters” and Evo Terra posted “Author Contact Info – Do you make it hard for your readers to interact with you?” I’ve posted before on this subject in “5 Tips for Being Found by your Readers” and it continues to be a big issue. I recently had to track down emails for a dozen of my Twitter friends and I wasn’t able to do it for two of them. I had to DM them and ask me to send me their email addresses.
- FridayFlash and TuesdaySerial writers, among others, will be heartened by this post from Brian Klems: ”Should You Post Your Novel Online for Free?“
- We had a guest post over at Tuesday Serial from Sharon T. Rose called ”Why I Write Web Serials” that you should check out. And here’s the most recent Tuesday Serial report – 24 new serial installments!
- If you enjoy lovely prose (and who doesn’t?), here’s a beautiful memoir piece from Darrelyn Saloom “Behind the Curtain of Memory.”
- This guest post from Tony Noland over at the Friday Flash site has given me plenty of food for thought as I work to put together my own anthology.
- Anne R. Allen has written about the end of book tours in “RIP the Author Book Tour – and why you shouldn’t be sad to see it go.” It’s a very interesting look at the current state of book publicity.
If you’re wondering about my methodology for choosing links for inclusion in this post, rest assured there isn’t one. It’s just a collection of things that I found interesting and I thought you might too. Please let me know what you think!